If you or your teen is interested in Invisalign treatment, you’re probably curious how long this orthodontic marvel will take to straighten your smile. The answer is unique to you because your teeth are unique. In fact, you might be surprised to discover just how little time it might take to get your smile in total alignment.
Different Types of Invisalign Treatment
There is only one Invisalign, but it does come in a few different forms which address different types of alignment problems. You might hear your orthodontist mention any of the following:
- Invisalign Full: This is the whole enchilada, the Invisalign we all know and love, the aligners that even out your teeth on both the top and bottom arches. The treatment timeline is typically 12 to 18 months, but some people may need a little longer to get a straight smile while others may need less. The complexity of your case will make all the difference when it comes to estimating how long your Invisalign treatment takes.
- Invisalign Express: This sounds good, right? Express anything when it comes to orthodontia is definitely appealing. Listen to this: Treatment time is typically between 3 and 6 months and requires less than a dozen aligners. Best candidates: People who had braces before and have had minor relapses resulting in imperfections like small gaps or a few crooked teeth.
- Invisalign Lite: Sometimes the “lite” version of things can be oh so sweet. In the case of Invisalign Lite, it works just like Invisalign Full but requires less time to get the job done. This treatment is best for minor orthodontic issues and medium overcrowding and takes about 6 months to complete.
- Invisalign Teen: Any tweens or teenagers who need braces are usually interested in whether they qualify for Invisalign Teen. Braces might be a rite of passage but if a teen can improve their teeth without brackets and wires, many will go for the discreet option. Time from start to finish is 12 to 18 months, as long as the patient exhibits good behavior and wears the trays as instructed. This timeline is about half of how long some teens’ conventional braces take.
- Invisalign First: Believe it or not, even your youngest kids could qualify for Invisalign First, a version of Invisalign designed to fix the same thing as interceptive orthodontics (geared toward elementary-aged children), like crowding, narrow dental arch, or spacing issues. This Invisalign treatment can often minimize the need for long-term orthodontics in the teen years.
Qualifying for Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign works for millions of people, straightening smiles under the radar and making it easy and comfortable to wear braces. There is a level of freedom that comes with Invisalign that is hard to beat. People with metal brackets and wires have food restrictions – Invisalign wearers simply take their trays out to indulge in whatever they want, from sticky to crunchy foods.
These snug-fitting aligners do a ton of hard work, but they do it on a timeline that seems far more acceptable to many orthodontic patients. Find out whether Invisalign treatment is right for you or your teen at Dr. Mariana Orthodontics in Monroe, WA. Contact us to schedule a consultation.